Birds by Toikka are mouthblown objects of art. Like the natural birds they represent, each bird is unique down to the minute detail. This gives every bird its very own distinct personality. Since Toikka’s tiny Flycatchers first took flight in 1972, a new bird has joined the flock every year.
Oiva Toikka is one of the greatest names in Finnish design. His iconic collection of Iittala glass birds first took flight in 1972. Inspired by nature and Toikka’s passion for blown glass art, each bird is a unique art object. Handcrafted and mouthblown at the Iittala Glass Factory, the collection embodies a rich fusion of glassmaking traditions and Toikka’s hands-on-approach with his master craftsmen.
The iittala Toikka Salmon Pink Mother is a wonderful display of Oiva Toikka's imagination and the skill of the master glassblowers at iittala. Its graceful form features small black dots light sprinkled throughout - all in striking salmon pink glass. The iittala Toikka Salmon Pink Mother is a charming addition to any collector's flock or a beautiful, thoughtful gift.
- Decorative glass objet d'art embodies artistic interpretation of Mother Salmonpink
- Handblown colored crystal glass decorated using special palette and filigree techniques
- Designed by renowned Finnish artist Oiva Toikka
- Piece carries artist's signature and comes with collector's tag in gift box
- Bird measures 7.09" X 3.74"
- Mouthblown in Finland